Intended Learning Objectives
This course is aimed towards independent learners and students with little or no experience in Digital Culture, Media Studies, and the Digital Humanities in general. It is meant to explain the relation between the concept of multimodality and the transition from a textual to a multimodal information culture that we are experiencing at present.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the history and theoretical principles behind the concept of multimodality;
- Develop multimodal literacy skills;
- Understand the basic principles behind the relationship between sensory data and (digital) narratives;
- Gain knowledge on digital tools for creating, sharing, and evaluating multimodal narratives;
- Understand the relation between multimodality and the transition from a textual to multi-modal information culture.